Remembering A Dear and Loving Boss
There would have been a big celebration this week. Unfortunately, she passed away almost a year ago. During my time, her birthday was usually celebrated with a sumptuous lunch prepared by Eva attended by all her subordinates in Treasury and the senior officers of the bank. She should have been 61 (I hope I am right) if she had been alive
This short poem is dedicated to her.
In countenance someone would perceive
A lady so serious in thoughts and deeds
In the silence of her room, she is in motion
The whispered telephone instructions.
In times we get to talk about business
Her insights and comments must heed
Deep, profound, encompassing
Areas of concern, less we ‘re forgetting.
Seldom can someone see her smile
But deep inside a golden heart she hides
Cigarette on hand, the light footsteps behind
A picture of elegance, nobody can deny.
Every morning she greets me hello!
What transpired in the market ago
Did you win, or did you lose
Tell her so, then I am on the go.
It has been years the last we met
And when we did the question I heard
“How are you? You haven’t changed”
Simple words that touched my nerves.
I pray now where her ashes went
In Heaven where her soul deserves
A peace and love, a glow within
A Child of God, a glory win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment