Monday, July 14, 2008

ETCHED IN MY MIND

I am sorry that this is a very sad poem. While writing down this poem, I can't help the tears rolling down my cheeks as I remember the painful days in the hospital seeing my mother battle her breast cancer. It was a time when I wish I had magic to bring all my siblings home to make her smile.

Creative Writing Challenge #10
ETCHED IN MY MIND
Ancient-dreamergirl

For days you laid helpless in a lonely room
Only my hands to cling on
Wanting to say it is ok the light will come out
Very soon, very soon.

The doctors say a few more days
A few check ups here and there
But days became weeks
Until one day, all gone astray!

Until that very day, you hold on to me
Saying, “I want to go home!”
I said, “Mama dear, very soon, very soon”
I held back the tears in my eyes
For I knew I was lying
The end is near, the end is near.

While waiting for them to come home
I was helpless and all alone
Praying to God for strength and all
What could possibly have gone wrong
I tried everything to let her see the dawn
But Your Time is beckoning her HOME.

ETCHED IN MY MIND forever
Her lonely face of longing
To see all her children around her
But what can I do to ease the pain
Wish I had the magic wand
To bring them all together.

No comments: