Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Dilemma

A short poem.

In Dilemma
by ancient-dreamergirl

I can hear the birds chirping outside my window pane,
But harken not I to go and shoo the birds away
When my heavy heart I can the world put to shame
Romeo and Juliet, no, not I, death to blame.

If the pain within the rains can wash away
If the sun comes out of clouds, a hint of ray
Will this aching stop, will it go away
Tell me now, tell me, or shall I go astray?

Memories coming, my heart start aching
Past, present, and future, I start shaking
Do I have to face you, start pretending
What have I to say, is it nothing?

Ah, fate, why are you so vain?
For me to choose, honor or fame
Can’t hide from Him, unlock the chain
Dear God, forgive, I am not insane.

No comments: