Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Poems Written for Special People

The first poem was written for a friend who had suffered much pain in the past years. I salute him for his strength and strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am praying that HE sustains him always for his children need him by their side. This poem is one of the many he posted in his site entitled Written in Sadness..


To a Precious Friend, “Enigma”
By Ancient-dreamergirl


My sword I hold to fend myself
The brush with paints of varied hues
Calling out, take me off thy shelf
Spread the colors of life subdued.

Canvass on hold awaits me stand
Deliver the broken soul within me
Despite the tears, an empty hand
I cling to GOD, let the present be!

I ask, “Why is life such a mystery”
A few seconds, my life is like summer
The sun so bright , the horizon clear
Then rain sets in with roaring thunder.

Water rushing, flooding all my sight
Destroyed the happiness built inside
No more fragrant flowers of delight
All washed away by the heavy flight.

Before thy throne of grace I stand
Surrender my whole being to You
I know the gift of brush in hand
Give glory to You, My praises due!


The second poem is written for someone I hold so dear. Have you heard the term "lukso ng dugo"? The moment I set eyes on this person I knew that there is a spiritual connection, something that is on a higher plane than that of normal things. Now, I have two beloved sons, he, as my spiritual first born and the next is my biological son. My prayers for my children are good health, happiness and contentment in whatsoever GOD has given them.


To My Son So Far Away
By Ancient-dreamergirl

Miles and miles away
In a land where your dreams abound
In spirit and in essence
Music of your being resound.

Longing to see your face
Look into your eyes so grave
So joyful to behold your smile
Graceful as a lullaby.

My heart rejoices when you say
You also care for me
My prayers night and day
Happy, healthy, content as can be.

Though no chemistry of blood
Can prove that you’re really mine
I treasure, cherish more the bond
More lasting, please, never unbind.

No comments: