Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another 'KAKASA KA BA SA GRADE V?"

Last Saturday, I missed the show. We came home late for our Christmas shopping, almost 9 pm which is way past the show. Anyways, the show is the Tagalog counterpart of the USA's "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"

I have again collected some interesting questions ranging from Grade I to Grade V... This time, it is not Philippine history but some questions on science. No peeping on the answers please!!

  1. What is the study of earthquakes?
  2. What are rocks made of?
  3. ______ is water vapor which turns to crystals of ice at low temperatures.
  4. A _______ is a mass of ice that moves like a river, but more slowly.
  5. What is the largest ocean with a surface area of some 180 million sq km, an overall length of more than 16,000 km and overall breadth of about 17,000 km?
  6. _____ is a fertile area surrounded by desert, where the presence of water enables vegetation to grow naturally.
  7. What keeps the moon in place?
  8. Who was the first astronaut?
  9. How many bones are there in the human body?
  10. Who discovered penicillin?

If you haven't answered any of the questions above correctly, you are to shout to the whole world that you can't be smarter than a fifth grader, and at the show, you will be given a "kalabasa award". If I were the participant, I am sure that I would have the kalabasa award....

Answers

  1. seismology
  2. minerals
  3. snow
  4. glacier
  5. Pacific Ocean
  6. oasis
  7. Earth's gravity holds the moon in its orbit around the Earth
  8. Major Yuri Gagarin
  9. 206 bones
  10. Alexander Fleming

No comments: